Rules Changes for 2017
YOUR AWARDS SNAPSHOT OF RULES CHANGES FOR 2017
- Album - This category will be judged digitally
- Book – Changes in the entry process, and who can enter, please read carefully.
- Commercial - Will be judged in two sections, Commissioned & Speculative/Self-Commissioned. Advertising & Fashion, previously categories of their own, are now included in the Commercial Category.
- Documentary - Will be judged in three sections: Documentary, Birth & Sport photography, which were previously categories of their own but are now all included in the Documentary Category.
- Illustrative - This category will be judged in two sections, Illustrative, and Analogue & Historical Process (previously alternative process).
- Landscape - This category will be judged in two sections, Landscape Open & Landscape Single Capture.
- Newborn - Elements must be captured within 24 months of the Awards closing date. Newborns must be no older than three months of age. The image may contain multiple newborns Images may not contain family members, people older than three months, pets or animals.
- Portrait - This category will be judged in two sections, Portrait Open & Portrait Single Capture
- Travel - May include in-camera multiple exposures, stitched panoramas, HDR, and focus-stacked images. Please read the related rules carefully.
- Wedding - This category will be judged in two sections, Wedding Open & Wedding Single Capture.
- Definition of “commissioned” - For the purpose of the awards a commissioned work is considered to be a product of a commercial agreement undertaken between a photographer and their client. Volunteer work in not considered commissioned, even when a professional agreement has been entered into.
- Definition of “immediate family” - For the purpose of the awards this includes yourself, children, parents, grandparents, grandchildren, siblings and pets.
- Entrants MUST acknowledge the printer, retoucher and/or other creative contributors on the online entry form.
- Image caption guidelines have been added to assist relevant categories, see page 10
RULE CHANGE FOR STATE AWARDS 2018 ONWARDS
We are advising now that the rule change of “Images entered into any previous APPA awards are ineligible” will come into effect as of 2018 state awards.