‘THE 2017 AIPP AUSTRALIAN ALBUM OF THE YEAR AWARD’
THE WINNER RECEIVES A TROPHY, $1000 CASH & ENTRY INTO APPA 2018
Judging will take place digitally
Judges will be asked to consider, storytelling qualities, impact, style, technique, lighting, posing, expressions, composition, saleability, design and creativity
THIS AWARD WILL BE JUDGED IN 4 SECTIONS:
• Wedding Album Single photographer: Any wedding album in which a single photographer is the sole shooter.
• Wedding Album Multiple Photographers: Any wedding album that is the result of the work of multiple photographers, all photographers should be credited.
• Portrait Album: Any album featuring Families, Individuals or Pets.
• Event Album: Any non-wedding or engagement album: This includes, but is not limited to, special projects, parties (not wedding receptions), Graduations, School Formals, Bar/Bat Mitzvahs, Gaye Holud etc.
CATEGORY RULES AND REQUIREMENTS
• All photographs in an album must have been taken within the 24 months preceding the close of entries.
• Album entries are limited to two albums per person.
• There minimum number of files is 20 with a maximum of 50, each file must be a double page album spread.
• Albums will be scored and eligible for Silver and Gold Awards. However, these Awards will not accrue merit points and are not eligible for the Australian Professional Photographer of the Year award
• There may be a pre-judging of Albums entered if the number of entries received is extensive.
• The seeding and qualifying requirements do not apply to enter the Album competition.
• To enter the competition you must first email [email protected] before starting the entry process.
ONLINE ENTRY PROCESS - ALBUM
• Digital files can created by photographing an actual album or by generating files directly from album page layout software.
• Digital image files must be adobeRGB98, JPEG file saved at setting 10 or higher, and measure 3000 pixels on the longest side.
• Digital files must contain a two digit sequential number, your pages will be displayed in this order.
• All pages must be uploaded in order separately as requested during the online process.